- Full-Frame | f/1.4 to f/16
- Fast Normal-Length Prime
- Improved Sharpness and Bokeh
- Manual Focus Design, 1.5' Min. Focus
- One Aspherical Element
- 11-Blade Diaphragm
- Built-In Retractable Lens Hood
A Speedy New Normal
Featuring a redesigned housing and updated optics, the Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH. is a fresh take on a beloved focal length. Inherently one of the most versatile lenses, this updated 50mm f/1.4 has an improved minimum focusing distance of 1.5', a new 11-blade diaphragm for smoother bokeh, and an updated lens body that matches the Summilux-M 35mm's sleek and lightweight design along with a built-in, retractable lens hood.
As part of the Summilux class, this 50mm f/1.4 lens is characterized by its high-speed performance that benefits both low-light usage along with greater control over depth of field.
- Updated optical design is better tuned to newer high-resolution sensors and produces greater sharpness, resolution, and contrast.
- One aspherical element minimizes spherical aberrations and distortion for highly accurate rendering.
- New 11-blade diaphragm produces more visually round bokeh when working at middle aperture values.
M-Mount Lens Design
Beyond updated optics, this lens also sports a refreshed external design that matches other refreshed Summilux-M lenses, like the 35mm f/1.4.
- The minimum focusing distance has been improved from 2.3' to 1.5' to take advantage of the lens's use in conjunction with cameras that feature live view or when working with the Visoflex or Leica FOTOS app. Rangefinder focusing is still only supported down to 2.3'; live view focusing must be used between 2.3' and 1.5'.
- Integrated retractable lens hood design eliminates the need to carry an auxiliary hood.
- Compact design measures 2.3 x 2.3" and the lens weighs just under 12 oz.
- Conventional M bayonet lens mount, with 6-bit encoding, enables using this lens on any M-mount rangefinder camera.